Dec 3, 2009

Did you know I have a favorite preacher?

I do.  Is it weird for a non-Christian to have a favorite preacher?  I wonder that sometimes, but there's not much I can do about it.  I know many of you enjoyed learning about Huston Smith and hopefully you'll take some time and enjoy learning about Carlton Pearson, too.  Every time I listen to him, I'm left with the thought that finally...FINALLY...someone is trying to get Christianity back on track and back to what Jesus really taught.  And that?  Warms this non-Christian's heart.  Watch these, if you have the time and then, if you have a little more time, tell me what you think.  :-)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! YES, this is a ministry and a minister I could fully support.

"Religion is all about authority..." (or words to that effect.) I totally believe that.

I love him, AP. I wish I could find a church that believes as he does. Because, that's exactly what I believe. Exactly. I will be doing more research on this great man. Thank you for posting these clips!

Lisa said...

Oh, Jae, I'm so glad you enjoyed him, too! I'm not one to get caught up in religion or people being "special" but there's just something about this man that captures my head and heart, both. I don't have to agree with his core beliefs do feel this and that's the part I like most. Read up on him and try googling "Universalist churches in --" and insert your area. I think that might get you close. Also, you could probably contact his office and see if they have any recommendations for you. Thanks for commenting - I'm just so happy that you liked this. :-)

Zack Raspberry said...

Interesting post.

You know he's in Chicago now don't you? Recently, there was a TV segment done on him by our PBS station- WTTW.

Check it out: bit.ly/8tAlYE

A lot of folks disagree with his stance, but I'm staying neutral because that's what a good journalist does. LOL!

I think you just have to attend whatever church improves your life.

Lisa said...

I did not know he is now in Chicago, no. Thank you, Zack, I'm off to do a little Googling!