Feb 2, 2010

I hate repeating myself.

But I will, since I'm hearing my comments were deleted from SIP.   Color me shocked. 
Below is what I posted, spelling errors and all:

So, here we go folks...

I got out, went shopping, bought junk and new perfume to clear my head and calm my mouth and now I'm going to share some things.

This morning, I went to read Kristin's blog and she had an email posted. It was Kristin's only to Wendy and *not* Wendy's, that she has posted in...hurt? Anger? Confusion? I had a hunch and snagged that post in a c&p. Almost immediately, it was gone so I assumed she thought better of it and got rid of the post. Perhaps someone else saw it, too? In any event, it was obvious from her response to Wendy what the situation was and that she was trying very hard to explain her friendship with Tee off the blog. She was polite to Wendy, asking for answers as to why this happened and not understanding. She absolutely did tell Wendy that she doesn't appreciate a few of the rules, such as no announcing someone has mail, but the gist of it was confusion, sadness and wanting to know why. In fairness, based on Kristin's tone, it appears Wendy was in no way being ugly to her but was refusing to explain and Kristin was trying to understand and getting frustrated but everything appeared (to me, anyway) to be polite enough on both ends, everything consdiered. Also, the number of people complaining was two, re: Kristin's words to Wendy and I'm assuming there she echoed what she was told. I will tell you all that I've talked to Kristin, she knows what I saw and I asked her permission to post what I c&p from there here. She prefers I not and would not share Wendy's email (I asked) out of respect for Wendy's privacy but gave me permission to tell this much since I saw it and have it, so it's pretty much mine to tell anyway. I have no idea what Wendy's underlying issue with Kristin is, but let me assure you all that whatever it is, there was no big drama. That much was terribly clear. It centered solely on the fact Kristin was talking to Tee off the blog and, imo, not liking the fact Kristin speaks her mind about the "rules" she didn't like. Period. If some of you choose to not believe what I'm saying here, that's fine...your prerogative. I have no reason to lie about it, though. Wendy does appear to have chosen to remove Kristin on the basis this and of one, maybe two people who also complained about something unknown. Maybe.

As for blocking her IP? Why? That's ridiculous and frankly, weird as hell and paranoid. Wouldn't a far more logical answer not be that she either wasn't on the blog at all, or, if she was posting, she was using a different computer at work that had a block on it? Why in the world would any sane person immediately assume someone had their IP address blocked just because they couldn't be seen anymore? Right. They wouldn't. I will also own that I feel sort of icky knowing we're being monitored here now.

That all said, I understand clearly and somewhat painfully now that not a one of us are safe from what happened to Kristin today unless we fall into line like good little soldiers and don't rock Wendy's boat. And I? Don't sail that way. Sorry. This will be my last post here and I do regret that because I've come to truly think the world of so any of you and will miss you sorely. I am, however, so deeply offended and angry by what happened to Kristin today and am positive I'm right because I saw enough "proof" that I'm not going to be hypocritical enough to stick around Wendy's place here pretending it's all fine, hoping I act right, speak right and don't wake up one morning cut off. I'd rather go out being able to say goodbye to you all.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, you know where I am and I'm sure I'll be pestering some of you with hellos, as well. Take care, all of you. This is hard to send but I'm so uncomfortable here now that really, there's no choice. I will miss so many.

~Lisa

PS:  Feel free to comment freely but on this one, I won't be responding.  I simply see no need. It's just a repost, nothing more.

17 comments:

PJ said...

I'm glad you shared this here AP. I missed it when it was on SIP. I will keep in touch.

As I described you to someone, you are a brave woman. You've proved that consistently on OHIH and SIP. A lesbian with steel balls. I hope you're not offended. It is meant as high praise.

Angie said...

Wow, AP, from Wendy's characterization of your deleted post, I expected it to be nasty and untruthful! Silly me! I guess it's the blog moderator's prerogative to remove people's posts and then mischaracterize them though, huh?

I'm with you, honey. i.e., not a good little soldier. And hell, we know steel-balled lesbians aren't allowed to be soldiers anyway! :-)

xxoo

Anonymous said...

AP, I consider you an friend, and I am saddened to see you go.

Email me anytime, and keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

AP- I admire your honesty and your courage.

I missed this when you posted it on SIP, so thank you for re-sharing your thoughts.


I will miss you.

Suze said...

AP
Thanks for posting this missing piece. Have always appreciated your honest thoughts and willingness to call it like you see it. Late to the party tonight and trying to process. Will talk again soon.

cheryl said...

AP - Honestly, I will miss your comments, your wit, and your humor. One hell of a crazy turn of events.

Joanne said...

Who's Kristin? Who's Wendy? I have absolutely NO idea what you are writing about.

Nikki B. said...

wow! good for you...'tis a much better way to go out, than having people make assumptions about you!

that's what i hated most about my booting...was that i didn't get a chance to speak for myself. apparently...that's how wendy wants it!

twirldawg said...

I'm sorry that you left, but I understand why you felt you had to.
Please keep in touch though. I have always enjoyed your point of view.

kristin said...

Thank you! I was in tears! You are good people. I may have to fight SW over you! :)

Kathleen said...

Dammit. I was never invited to the "other" blog after OHIH tanked, and I was sad cuz I loved all the fun and all the drama. (as mainly a lurker) And, like most of the other left out chicks, The Fellowship blog has been a nice salve for me. But, I knew I was missing all the "good shit", as it were. It's nice to see nothing changes...

That said, Sorry they made you leave. Pettiness always kills awesomeness.

Deb said...

AP - I'll miss your friendly banter. I'm still thinking a lot of this through though. Take care and I'll still check out your blog.

laura said...

AP, I miss you and hope that all is well in FLA. You have made me think about many topics that I might have just let go without a thought ovet the past months. I'll be there watching nancy grace right along with you.

Tara. said...

I'll miss you, AP. :o(

Nilia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nilia said...

AP: I missed this completely, so thank you for posting it. I will SO miss your irreverant wit, and your banter. I have bookmarked you (I would just click on everyone's handles before) and hope you don't mind if I just keep up with you this way.


Kathleen: by "they" I certainly hope you don't think there was a lynch mob after AP. That is NOT what happened.

Gayle said...

I'll also miss you AP. You always made me laugh, and I enjoyed your way of stating you feelings. You are on my bookmarks as well, and I'll be reading. :)

PS, I got my gift in the mail today I won for the guessing game. THANKS! I will enjoy it, I know.